ROTH WEDDING + OTHER STUFF








Still processing my 1200 wedding photos from Saturday's wedding, it will take me most of the week probably to go through each photo.

In the meantime, I just wanted to post my thoughts about something I came across last week. I'm sure this has happened to a lot of people in their life, but I find it funny anyhow. Anyways, an old coworker that was a manager of mine at one point was taking credit for training me and how well I did. He was joking to an extent, but also serious and has always made this claim whenever anyone talked well of me. I think part of the reason was that I was doing better than he was, surpassing his status quickly. Not to say I didn't learn things from him, but to be honest I learn things from everybody I ever work with. No single person is responsible for another persons success or even a majority of it most times. If that was the case, then every person they trained would be just as successful. But for some reason I was the only person that worked with him that did as well. Is it so hard for someone with such an ego to think that I came to them already very skilled in what I do and they didn't do anything more than offer me the same guidance and knowledge as anyone else I worked with that was decent at what they do.

Funny thing is as well, is that he seemed to benefit from me working with him more than I did. Not because he learned something from me, but it gave him someone he didn't have to worry about training much, didn't have to work as hard, etc.

Now it kind of irks me when I see someone taking credit for the place someone else has gotten to I guess. But maybe they don't have too many other things to hang their hat on, so they want to ride on the success of someone else.

OK, end rant. And not to take away from someone that really has helped me a lot, there are a lot of those people out there. They just don't talk much about it. But chances are, if you see someone trying to take credit for someone's success, they probably didn't have as much to do with it as they wish they did. I'm sure this applies to many other people as well, I know it does, I see it all the time.

0 comments: